Park naming contest has been extended!
We have had several requests to extend the contest now that the park is open and accessible to the community. If the climbing net, zipline, bouldering slide or any other park features have sparked your creativity we want to hear about it! Over 160 names have been submitted, but the great ideas continue to flow in.
- Participants can visit the new park at 3151 Indiana Street. Come check out all the park has to offer and pick out a fitting name.
- Participants are then invited to submit via surveymonkey.com (CLICK HERE)a name suggestion with a brief explanation as to why it is the best name for this park.
- Entry ideas will be reviewed by the Town’s Parks, Recreation, Open Space and Trail Advisory Committee (PROSTAC), who will choose the top 5 ideas and present these to the Board of Trustees for final selection.
- Finalists will receive gift cards to local businesses in the amounts of $25 for the runner-up if applicable, and $75 for the winner. In the case of duplicate entries, the first entry to be received will be recognized.
- Student groups are encouraged to participate. If a group entry is the winning name, an additional $100.00 prize will go to the group’s affiliated school or organization.
- Please CLICK HERE to submit your entry, or mail to Town Hall, Attn: PROS Department, 124 E. Coal Creek Drive, Superior, CO 80027.
The entry deadline is Friday, January 31, 2017! Awards will be made at the official park grand opening on April 15, 2017!